Incarnation Columbiettes Auxiliary # 8612 was founded by Monsignor J. Francis McIntyre on March 2, 1939. The Columbiettes are a national unified body of practicing Catholic women called upon to engage in activities that will best serve their church, school and community and to assist their Knights of Columbus Council (K of C) with their fundraising efforts. The K of C is an international organization – thus collectively their scope of service reaches beyond their relative community. As role models to achieve its goals, the Columbiettes’ patronesses include the Blessed Virgin Mary, Saint Theresa the Little Flower, and St. Joan of Arc.
The Incarnation Auxiliary is proud to report that their membership and involvement in various activities has steadily increased over recent years. Moreover, ladies have voiced their awareness that through their respective time, talent and treasure they can contribute to the ongoing successes of the Auxiliary. New ideas and methods for fundraising are always being discussed so that it can move forward with the changing times and advancement of technology. The following are examples of ongoing fundraisers/activities:
- Assisting the K of C with their annual dances and Tootsie Roll Drive to benefit mentally challenged persons
- Attending Corporate Communions with the K of C at Incarnation Church
- Attending Annual Memorial Services for the Knights and Columbiettes at Incarnation Church
- Volunteering in the parish office
- Hosting an Annual Ladies Tea/Fashion Show at Incarnation Church
- Organizing an annual garage sale to benefit a charity that’s chosen each year
- Working the Incarnation Church Carnival’s Pepsi/funnel cake booths
- Serving on the Incarnation Church Casino Night Committee
- Organizing and working the Incarnation Church Children’s Christmas Bazaar
- Collaborating with the Incarnation Council of Catholic Women (ICCW) on various fundraisers
- Serving on the Incarnation Church 50th Anniversary Committee
- Hosting an annual February fundraiser for Catholic Charities
- Participating in an Annual Christmas Collection of Items for Moms/Babies (Catholic Charities)
- Participating in Annual Joint Christmas Party with K of C and ICCW
- Participating in the Incarnation Parish Ministry Fair
- Donating themed gift baskets for various Incarnation Church events
- Writing annual letters to the Incarnation Parish children who are First Communicants
- Preparing the RCIA Easter Vigil Buffet
- Donating to the Young Adult Group
- Volunteering in our local hospitals and as blood donors
- Driving seniors to church, appointments, and grocery stores
- Participating in The 40 Days of Life – praying to end abortion
- The auxiliary meetings are held from 7:30 – 8:30 p.m. on the 2nd Thursday of the month, September – June, at Incarnation Church, St. Patrick’s Room. Refreshments are available before the meeting from 7:00pm -7:30pm.
- To join or for further information, please contact Dale Zgurzynski, Membership Chair, at email@example.com or Suzanne Perry–Casler, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supreme Columbiettes ???