Incarnation Catholic Church Altar Server Ministry
is made up of young people and adults who assist our priests and deacons during the celebrations of the Mass.
Guidelines for Becoming an Altar Server:
- The families of school-age servers must be registered members of Incarnation Parish. Adult Altar Servers must be registered members of Incarnation Parish.
- School-age servers must have completed 4th Grade.
- Servers must actively practice the Catholic faith and should receive Communion regularly.
- School-age servers should be currently participating in a program of Faith Formation, either through the Parish Faith Formation Program, through attendance at a Catholic school, or through structured home study. Servers not meeting this requirement should discuss their situation with the Altar Server Coordinator. Accommodations will be made.
- Training for new servers is conducted periodically throughout the year. If one would like to become an Altar Server and no training is scheduled, the Altar Server Coordinator can make arrangements for one to receive training.
- To prepare for training, review this list of common altar server terms and download the Altar Servers Training Manual.
- For information on the Altar Server Program, please contact the Altar Server Coordinator David Smith using this form or call the Parish Office at 813-885-7861.
For information on the Altar Server Program, please contact [email_link email="email@example.com" variation="deepblue" target="blank"]David Smith[/email_link] or the parish office.